stop the popups?

I am paying $3.50 a month for no ads, why am I getting all those little popups on lower right corner on my screen

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Those are probably notifications you have to go into your browser settings and turn off notifs 

• Who are you paying the money to and which ads is it supposed to stop?

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Install an ad blocker like uBlock origin,Adblock Plus or Adguard Adblock. Also install Popup Blocker (strict) available for both the Firefox and Chromium based browsers. Stop the $3.50 payment,these free browser extensions will end ads and popups. If you're still getting popups then it's probably malware and I suggest you install the free version of SUPERAntispyware or Malwarebytes and run a complete scan.

• 1 month ago

Usually what pops up in the lower right are not "ads".  They are "notifications".  And at some point you clicked something that gives the web site permission to show those notifications.  Usually you clicked on some kind of a great big long fine print "Terms of Usage" that includes permission for them to send you "notifications".

You can go into the Privacy settings in Windows and there is a place that list all the sites you have given permission to send you notifications.  You can delete them out of that list if you do not want them.

Note that a "notification" is not blocked by a "no ads" program because they technically they are not "ads".  No one is paying for them to be displayed.  They are "information" that you have given the web site permission to send you.

Note also that this notification are popping out outside of your web browser.  It is Microsoft that is controlling them, not Yahoo or whoever you have your "no ads" with.  Yahoo can only prevents ads from appear on web sites - and then only those that Yahoo owns and controls.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the lower right is usually notifications from websites.  Go into your browser settings and look for Privacy and Security, and then notifications. You can turn them off completely, or just those websites you do no want to hear from. 

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yahoo only had advertisement-free premium email.  Where do you see the adds?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.