Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 month ago

Have you ever tapped your brakes when someone has tailgated you?

I did this morning. If 80 in a 70 isn't fast enough for you buddy then too bad and I'll drive in the left lane all day.

He got mad and he went around me at 95 with no turn signal. I hope he crashed into a telephone pole. 

All lives matter except that jerkoff. 

• F
    1 week ago

Anyone who brake checks is a complete moron, a level of magnitude up from tailgaters.

• W

Most drivers are jerkoffs and don't realize that the left lane is for passing and not fixing your hair or fiddling with the radio. GTF out of the way and stop being a PITA. 

No, I just slow . down enough for him to go around. When he moves to the other lane, I  floor it. And, I do that all over again.

• Erik

That's called "brake-checking", and it's a bad idea.  You never know who the other driver is, and what he's going to do.  You could end up making a bad situation much worse.  Be smart.

<(*,*)>

Thank-GOD I don't drive & likely nevėr will śincė

my pu$$y-self would simply give-in ťhėn wîndîng 

up gettting a speeding ticket all for sômė buťt-

head, yo !

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

The speed limit on some freeways in Wyoming and Utah is 80. The speed limit on some freeways in Washington is 50. Where I live it's 65, but most drivers go 75  and pass at 90. I move over if I'm not passing. I don't lose a damned thing letting an assshole go be somebody else's problem instead of mine. There's also no sense in hogging the left lane. Through Oregon, it's illegal to use the left lane except for passing. You and him can fight over who's behind who every day and neither one of you will have a day's peace the rest of your lives. 

• Robert

Actually aren't you the jerkoff for driving in the passing lane?  If he were tailgating you in the right lane, I'd say a brake check was justified, but since you were in the passing lane, apparently passing only air in the right lane, I think you in fact are the jerkoff.  And just from my own observations of stupid habits of different places, does your car have Pennsylvania plates by any chance?  I don't believe I have ever seen a Pennsylvania driver in the right lane.

Causing an accident at that speed is not something you want to do.

• Sandy

that's what you're supposed to do. (hope you weren't in the express lane though).