Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 4 weeks ago

Should I book a 4 day trip to New York to see a broadway show?

I want to see Phantom of the Opera on broadway badly - and no shows are going on until January.. Should I plan a 4 day trip so me and my bf can see it and see Times Square and go to a coffee shop on times square in the snow and take pictures and experience New York? The only thing is im a broke college student. :/ Should we do something financially a little crazy or continue to be frugal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I love theater. But this seems to be a stupid thing to spend your money on when you are trying to save money and make ends meet. 

• 4 weeks ago

No - I wouldn't at this time. Wait and see....

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Get your tickets first before you book the tour.

• 4 weeks ago

No, you shouldn't. First there's no guarantee when shows will be funning again and now is not the time to commit financial resources when they are limited. Wait until things are more stable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I would not make any plans until there are some firm timelines for Broadway to open back up.  That gives you some time to continue saving.  January is the earliest when they might open, but it could be later depending on how things go.  And FWIW, coffee shops in Times Square aren't really where you want to hang out - find some local spots down in the Village or Soho for a better experience.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There is no telling when the shows will be on Broadway again. Save your money for now. 

• 4 weeks ago

Stay home. This is no time for tourist travel.And, there are no Broadway shows to see. They're all closed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.