Ron
Ron asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

How many people support the new democrat party vs the old democrat party, I would say half of them have gone?

• A.J.

Data not compiled readily available, but I see Conservative web sites making up information without data to prove it.

As of July 2018,

Altogether, there are 31 states (plus the District of Columbia) with party registration; in the others, such as Virginia, voters register without reference to party. In 19 states and the District, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans. In 12 states, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. In aggregate, 40% of all voters in party registration states are Democrats, 29% are Republicans, and 28% are independents. Nationally, the Democratic advantage in the party registration states approaches 12 million.

Gallop polling:

As of April 2020, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats, 30% identified as Republican, and 36% as Independent. Additionally, polling showed that 46% are either "Democrats or Democratic leaners" and 46% are either "Republicans or Republican leaners" when Independents are asked "do you lean more to the Democratic Party or the Republican Party?"

At best, it is about 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican, and 1/3 Independent.

Anything else is speculation.

31% of Americans identify as Democrat, while 30% Americans identify as Republican. That breaks down to 101,370,000 Democrats to only 98,100,00 Republicans. So what you would say is irrelevant since you're so full of crap, as usual.

I switched from republican to democrat because of what trump said about my demographic.

I don't support communism. So no I don't support the Democratic party today. I liked the Democratic party under JFK though.