Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 4 weeks ago

Do you think I could ever go back to college after flunking out and dropping out?

My grade point average is at 1.7 I have lost financial aid and a scholarship I had. It was a community college so they didn't kick me out but I feel like I mest up for good. Can I ever go back or did I screw up too bad?

You need atleast a 2.0 gpa to even graduate by the way.

I am about %54 done but I haven't been there in over 2 years so I forgot a lot. 

My account is still active by the way.

I have never taken an online class so I was thinking maybe I should do that to see if I do any better?

Contact the college admissions office and explain the situation.  If you've been out 2 years, chances are they will ignore your prior GPA, and maybe only give you credit for classes with a "C" or above.  Be candid with the admissions person about how you "messed up" during your previous enrollment, and how you plan to not do it again.

How far are you from graduating? I am adding a link that will show you how to calculate the minimum grades you need to hit that 2.0 gpa. Just enter your current gpa and the classes you need to take. Adjust the grades you would make so you can see what the minimum you would need would be. I would suggest def aiming for A grades in the easier classes to offset the possibility of lower grades in harder classes. 

You need to focus and make school your priority over everything. You can do this if you focus.https://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/

nah i had a 1.1 GPA in my community college and 4 years later i went back in no problem.