THE MASTER BEDROOM! Do you consider that term RACIST?

And can't black people be the master or their domain - of their home? 

if people are hurt by that term or feel like it has some sort of racist connotation then I have no problem calling it the main bedroom

• No. The term "master bedroom" simply refers to the largest, or main, room in the house that usually consists of a queen or king size bed. Master means "main."

However, if people are hurt by that term or feel like it has some sort of racist connotation then I have no problem calling it the main bedroom (which they tend to be called nowadays anyway). 

/facepalm    .

• Ann

No one considered it racist until this BLM protesting of everything  began.  Now houses have "primary" bedrooms instead of "master" bedrooms. Towns are having to change the names of their streets, schools, and parks, and public buildings to appease one group of people. The names those entities are being changed to honor the heroes of the appeased group. Is that not as racist as the former names?  The "Black National Anthem" is to be played before the National Anthem at sporting events.  Rep. Kamala Harris  made the statement, "We're coming for you next".  Just who is the "we're", and who are they coming for?  One group is just as racist as the other.

Nope, but it's sexist as hell.  True story: My pater (yes, he really did prefer to be called that) somehow or other decided that his children would be brought up the Victorian way, ideally neither seen nor heard except for dressed up nice at Sunday dinner.  My mother, for God knows what reason, tried to make this marriage work and commandeered the biggest bedroom (it was stupidly oversized anyways) as the nursery and us kids pretty much lived in there so there wouldn't be children's things anywhere else in the house.  It was a big house with lots of rooms, guest rooms, receptions rooms, a library, his and hers studies, home gym, craftroom etc, but my father HATED the thought of us kids in any of them and used to inspect them for "signs of children."  The nursery suited us kids.  It was a nice, spacious room and was out of the way which was much better than walking on eggshells in any other part of the house where we had to be careful to leave no trace of our passing. 

This is why "the master bedroom" sticks in my craw: when my mother finally saw sense and divorced it turned out that for over 20 years my father had harbored a deep resentment that my mother had "stolen" the master bedroom by turning it into a nursery.  His lawyer actually argued that using that room for anything but the matrimonial bed was disrespectful toward him since it was labeled "MASTER BR" on the blueprints meaning that he had no choice but to become the house tyrant in order to assert his rightful place as the "master."  The (male) judge thought he was nuts.

With regard to the UK, the term master bedroom is very rarely used, only by estate agents (realators) who've been reading too many US how-to blogs.  I'm not surprised that it conjures up a mental image from Gone with the Wind.  When an expression is part of your everyday vocabularly you don't tend to stop and think about it.  If it's new/rare/unfamiliar people tend to overthink it and often get the wrong end of the stick.  "Principle bedroom" is occasionally used but usually all the bedrooms are just described as "bedroom" single or double (double means takes a bed larger than a single which is a handbreadth narrower than your twin but has no upper limit in size).  I sometimes get the impression that designating a bedroom for anyone would only sound the, "who are you to tell me what to do in my own house?" klaxon.

No, but I do consider this nothing but a lameazz attempt at Trolling.

imo - no. Too much PC is bad.

No.

The slave bedroom be slavist! 

Transfer your question the Politics aka Wackos category.  We are just a bunch of clueless plumbers,  AC technicians, electricians and carpenters here.

I am assuming this will soon change on real estate listings.

Look for something poetic like "the big room with a bed that has a can attached to it".