Why was the fruit forbidden? It's known as the forbidden fruit but WHY was it forbidden? ?

83 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Cause it was in the Garden of Evil where the Snake of Satan was. forbidden cause it was full of sin and evil. 

God had to see could he trust Adam and Eve humans no temptations hard to know where faith lies 

• 4 weeks ago

Genesis 3:22 has the lord God saying “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

It would seem that God forbade eating from the tree to prevent them from becoming like one of them (Gods), where if they also took and ate from the tree of life, would also become immortal. This just adds to the further nonsense of the story, with the most obvious question being why place those trees in their grasp if they were looking to prevent Adam and Eve from becoming Gods themselves and living forever.

It also contradicts what christians would have you believe, which is that Adam and Eve were immortal until they ate from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, since God himself is saying they would have to eat from the tree of life to make this happen. So if they were already going to die, the threat would have to be die sooner should they touch the forbidden fruit. Of course they did not die, so Christians invented a Spiritual death so that God would not look more deceitful than He already does by claiming "oh no, they are like one of us now, quick, kick them out of the Garden so that they may not live forever like us". The writer/s of Genesis is making these Gods look like bumbling buffoons.

• 4 weeks ago

Were you to read for yourself instead of relying upon garbled accounts you would see they were not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is self explanatory.

• Because That "God" wanted us to starve and die. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Fruit is the result of a God-given process that promotes and sustains life in a delightful way. God encourages us to partake of HIS way to sustain His God-given life in a delightful way. The deceiver is out to destroy and corrupt, and offers his fruit which is sweet to the taste but bitter in the stomach, and which leads to death. No wonder God warned the couple to avoid a particular fruit that would tempt them to elevate themselves to a higher position (to be like God) but which would lead to death.

God does not desire His creatures to die. He has prepared the Tree of Life in the middle of the Garden. But it is no longer available to the couple when they disregard God's warning and seek a different source of life. However, the Tree of Life reappears in the last book of the Bible, with leaves for the healing of the nations, on the banks of a river of Life which can be freely partaken of.

• Ann
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The Bible never mentions an apple. "Fruit" can have more than one meaning. It can mean "the result of something." The tree was the Tree of Knowledge. It was forbidden because they were trying to be like God. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

First of all, it wasn't literally a fruit. That would make no sense at all. It is symbolic for some commandment God gave them, which they disobeyed.

• 4 weeks ago

Because it would lead to doubt of God himself. The knowledge of good and evil is what the fruit represented. It led to knowledge. Which leads to questions. Which leads to doubt. 

• 4 weeks ago

ADULTS! This was not about fruit; this was about sex.

There were over 5 millions people on earth when God sent Adam and Eve (Nephilim Angels) to preach to, not mate with mankind(forbidden fruit). If you mate with them, you die(lose supernatural power). It is GOSPEL that makes man in God's own image. Adam was made fully aware of the consequence of mating with humans: Eve was NOT.

@6000 years ago, when Eve mated with a Nodite tribesman from east of Eden, Cain was conceived. Cain was not Adam's son. Then Adam mated with a Nodite woman.

It was Abel's mocking Cain as a stepchild that provoked Cain to retaliate, killing Abel.

• 4 weeks ago

I have wondered this as well. It is a fruit that provides knowledge, this seems like a good thing. The story suggested to me God wanted to keep us innocent and childlike. I find this strange. As a parent I want to protect my child's innocence but I still want her to grow up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.