Which food dishes are famous in Scotland?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

haggis is a popular tradition

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

FAMOUS (adjective) Known about by many people

TRADITION : transmission of CUSTOMS or beliefs from generation to generation A google search listed HAGGIS ,Tatties, Cullen Skink, Black Pudding ,FISH supper,Kedegee,     thank you for the question

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Haggis, Potato cakes [eaten with breakfast],  Tatties & Neeps [mashed potatoes with mashed turnip],  'Stovies' [dish of fried potatoes & onions].

Porridge [oatmeal with salt].

'Crannachan'  [cold sweet oatmeal with raspberries & whisky].

Oatcakes  [ like thin baked cookies ].

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Anything with boiled potatoes. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Marmaris Fish & Chips Takeaway is a famous food in scotland

• geezer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Haggis .. with ''Tatties and Neeps''

.. and Deep Fried Mars Bars.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know that “famous” is the right word but the best known dishes are the same ones that are well known in the rest of the western world - steak, pizza, pasta, curry, fish and chips (throughout the UK), burgers etc.

If you really mean well-known Scottish dishes then probably the obvious ones are haggis, porridge, salmon, shortbread and, although it's not a “dish” whisky.

Added, now I wonder why the thumbs down, which part of my answer is someone stupid enough to  think is wrong?

@User - I wasn't thinking about what was popular but what was “famous” or well known. I'd argue that curry was “well known” throughout Europe and it certainly is in the UK. I'm surprised it's not well known in USA - I'd have though everyone associated curry with India - but really it's not something I've thought about.

• 1 month ago

haggis- not as bad as it sounds

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

pizza

hamburger

chips

fried fish

curry

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The deep fried mars bar!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.