Does an MRI of the brain show the bones in your ear?

I am trying to figure out why I have tinnitus. I hit the pool wall with my ear. Freak accident. I continued swimming that day. There was MRSA in the water. Now I have tinnitus. The doctor who isn't available said I broke the bones in my ear. I think I need a CT.

X-ray is more suited the 'see' your bones ....................

• kelvin

no you need therapy and a better doctor

• Tavy

I have never ever heard of broken bones in the ear, were you examined?

You need to see an Ear Doctor, Tinnitus is common usually caused by damage to the tiny hairs in your ear canal, not broken bones.

Since bones are involved it is possible that a simple x-ray might show them.

An MRI shows your bones and a break in ear bones would be seen on MRI. But my goodness if you do have bones broken in your ear you need to see an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist) so you can be closely monitored. I have a nursing degree and I have honestly only read about broken ear bones because it’s almost unheard of. Do follow up with a doctor tho to make sure you recover well.