Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

I cant get her father’s blessings ?

After being in a bad car accident and getting scars all over and fire burns, i got up the currage to propose to my gf of 2 years, i first went to get her fathers blessing before proposing officially and he basically didnt want me as a son in law because of the way i look like. I nonetheless proposed to her and she said yes. She still insists on me getting her father’s blessings... what do i do?

Courage 

There's not much you can do but continue to ask.  I would seriously ask your GF why she would agree to marry you if she really isn't agreeing to marry you without her father's blessing.  That seems immature.  If she wants her father's blessing, she needs to put in the work to win him over.  

Explain to her that her father isn't willing to give his blessing right now. Maybe she can convince him, so now the ball's in her court. 

it's 2020, you don't need to ask her dad....

tell her her father is an a*shole

It sounds like neither of you fully gets what a "blessing" is.  When a guy asks for one, it's a way to honor the man who raised the woman he loves.   However, it's understood that if dad declines, the couple gets married anyway.  This isn't like asking his permission.

If he said he's turning you down because of the way you look, why would you want his blessing anyway? It's equally strange that your gf is "insisting" you try again.  Why?  Tell her if his blessing is so important to her, she can be the one who talks to him.

Blast the song "Rude,"