What do other countries do ?

That the U.S. hasnt done to contain COVID? Do they homeschool their kids?

• John P

In Britain, schoolchildren have been doing some classes online, generally classes led by their teachers. They have been submitting work online to the teachers. Now (in the last few days) almost all of them are back in school.

We do not have such a tradition of 'homeschooling' as you seem to in the USA, and in fact my British spell checker prefers 'home-schooling' or 'home schooling'.

• Ludwig

We locked down.  Seemed to work.

They wear masks. They social distanced. They isolate when needed. Their government enforces the shut downs and masks.  They protect their medical personal.     Unlike the majority of US 

They want to re-open schools so badly and will be doing so next month with get this ZERO precautions. No masks, no social distancing. It’s pretty much a death wish for the teachers education their students and I know a lot of lives will be lost.

I finished school, and I am still learning online. I strongly recommend that schools use the internet to teach their students.

Kids are learning from home online!

I read about 1 school opening up in my country, and people got infected. I think that was a mistake. I don't live in the USA by the way!

Schools normally have large crowds of people in it, and the people who work in that 1 school should have known better!!!

I personally know some kids. They are not being home schooled, but they are learning from home. I know this seems like home school, but it's not home school. They are learning like how I was learning at college. It's not at the same level, so I am not trying to give people the wrong idea. They are using the same method as me when I was a college student to learn, so they are receiving instructions from their teachers online.

I think there are kids who are home schooled, but I don't personally know any that are home schooled. I think this is different than what I explained in my answer.

Regarding homeschool, I think the parents end up taking the teacher's job, and they just use the curriculum from a school to teach their kids, so there is a difference between both of my responses.

Yes, most of the countries that are doing well shut down their schools- as well as all non-essential businesses. The worst hit countries really enforced the rules about staying home- in Paris, for example, people needed a pass to go out and get groceries, and could ONLY get groceries. People were stopped if they were walking around or doing anything non-essential. They had to put up with that for a while, but now they can open up much more safely, and children are going back to school. In Germany, they had plenty of testing so that they could identify and isolate people who had been exposed. We're still not testing enough in the US. In Wuhan, doctors and nurses had extensive personal protective equipment- shields, hazmat suits, etc. We still don't have that in our hospitals, and 600 healthcare workers have died. 

• fcas80

Other countries have a leader that wears a mask as a model for the population, and that listens to the health experts rather than thinking he knows more than they do.

Other countries have stricter rules about masks and rules for indoor businesses.

some of them might be doing that

• mokrie

Other countries have kids going to school so parents can work. WE are the country full of screamers that it will kill our kids but it hasn't done that in all the other countries that are functioning normally but wearing masks for work.