Are you afraid of being yourself?

Favorite Answer

No in fact I love being me my friend. 

I am not. I found peace within myself

No, I'm not.  In the immortal words of that great philosopher, Popeye, "I am what I am and that's all that I am".  According to Shakespeare, "This above all, to thine own self be true."  Polonius, Act 1, Scene III, Hamlet.

• KTJoe

More of self around friends and family everybody else gets whatever...LOL

• e9601:

Not anymore more.

As an autistic... sometimes. I sometimes act in a way that is a burden, or say things that might confuse or accidentally offend people. I try to act typical to a degree in public, but it wears me out and I act more myself at home. That's not to say I am AFRAID of being myself, in fact I do like expressing myself, but I do get uncomfortable with the idea of being too "myself" around people who aren't familiar with me.

No not in the slightest. 

Being myself would be counter-productive to everything I have worked towards. I'm not afraid of being myself, but when that happens, people tend to relinquish goals and fall to a more base living style. I am disciplined enough to recognize the difference between just living, and living the life I want, and moving towards bettering myself. 

Source(s): Psychology 101

I’m not afraid of being myself. I just hate being myself.

Yes.  I find myself to be absolutely terrifying at times.

• Nicole

not really..............