Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Car vibrates while driving?

Today when I was driving my crown vic 2007 on highway, I felt that when I accelerate slightly like gently/softly press gas pedal, engine starts vibrating and the moment I press pedal a little more, vibration goes away. Engine operation seems fine no misfire or rough idle etc and acceleration is great. No matter I'm driving 60mph or slower or faster than that, car always vibrates on slightly press gas pedal but I can feel the vibration clearer on 60mph. What could be the reason of it?

Sounds like the engine could have weak spark or a fuel problem, but guessing could be wrong. Pull the OBD2 trouble codes to get real information pointing where the problem is and which parts need to be tested OR replaced. There is NO code that tells you to replace the catalytic converter.

If you're only getting the vibration when the car's in Drive, check the condition of the driveshaft.  When a U-joint is worn, play develops in the joint and that play is often most noticeable when you initially load or unload the drivetrain (when you first hit the gas or first let off the gas) while in Drive.  If you feel the vibration while in Park or Neutral then I'd think motor mounts too.  Good luck.       

Check the motor mounts, since you never talked about just steering, just when accelerating.