In your opinion,which was the best Star Trek series?

Favorite Answer

Without question,the original series was quite easily the best.When William Shatner left,I stopped watching because it just wasn't the same.

As long as you're viewing it with an understanding of context, the original is FAR AND AWAY the best.  My caveat is important though because you're talking about a very low budget show in the 60s.  The acting is more theatrical and exaggerated (as was the style at the time).  The effects are just dreadful by modern standards.  The props are silly (that thing McCoy's always waving around is a salt & pepper shaker). And so on.  If you can't look past all of that, then TNG is the best.

But if you can look by that, TOS was far more revolutionary, far braver in taking on political and societal issues, far more speculative in it's sci fi and influential on technological progress.  TOS is imitated to some extent by almost every sci fi show and movie in existence.  The tropes we now regard as the foundations of what we call sci fi and consider old hat were INVENTED by TOS in many cases.

Is there such a thing?

• Season 1 of The Original Series has never been bettered by anyone.  Every ST movie and series has been a pale imitation of that season, every episode was a classic.

• Erik

The one with Kirk and Spock.

• Jesere

Discover is turning out to be the best yet

I haven't seen them all yet. I still haven't seen Discovery or Picard. 

• Kathy

The original series.