Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Do you think it's selfish for people to still be having their weddings this year?

Update:

And I mean without any consideration of postponement, and still expecting the full wedding party to be there no questions asked.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Depends on where it's happening and how they're going about it. As long as they're following their local distancing procedures and such I don't see a huge problem with this. Invited guests who feel particularly vulnerable can always just stay home and send a gift. 

• 4 weeks ago

The lovely thing about having a mind is that one can decide to be part of a wedding in the bridal party, or not. Just as guests can decide to attend or not.

I do not think it is selfish to want to get married. But it is selfish to criticize someone or make them feel bad over their choice to or not to be in the bridal party or be a guest.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

yes, i do. i think it's a bit ridiculous. actually, really ridiculous. who seriously wants to look back at their wedding, in the middle of the pandemic, pictures with face masks on everyone... weird. and really annoying how they can't wait another year or something. as if it's going to make a difference if you post pone a bit longer...

• 1 month ago

That's an oddly specific question.  I'm not sure there have been any statistics gathered to indicate how many couples expect there to be no questions asked. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not unless they're holding a gun to everyone else's head and forcing them to be there.

• 1 month ago

Just for having a wedding? No. 

Expecting people to join them? Yes. 

• I don't think so, people still got married during other crisis. The wedding party can back out if they don't feel safe enough to partake in the wedding. Also their guests have the option of coming to the wedding or not. They may have to have a smaller wedding then planned but life goes on. If precautions are taken then the wedding party and their guests should stay safe. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Better to marry than to burn, but you can get married without a lot of people there. These folks should just get married and then have their one-year anniversary be the big to-do, maybe even renew their vows at that time in front of everyone, especially if they really hate their family and friends and want them to suffer.

• 1 month ago

No, not at all.  Through adversity, we persevere.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. People still have to get married and have babies. Life continues just because of covid. If precautions are taken, it's not selfish. 

Source(s): Life experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.