Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Does anyone else lean left but feel like they have NO political voice nor option? ?

I'm extremely frustrated with the DNC for having put in one of the worst candidates they could have put it almost as if they don't want to beat Trump. 

Meanwhile, I also don't want more looting and rioting in major cities, don't want more anti-white onslaught, don't want more cancel culture, don't want more insanely constricting COVID regulations (beyond sensible regulations such as more testing), and don't want more infringement on our second amendment rights. 

But I also don't want more tax cuts for the super rich, more corporate corruption, more environmental deregulation, more gutting of social services and public healthcare, don't want massive border and immigration intrusion that Trump and the Republicans like. 

Plus while I'm very concerned about the issue in the first group, there's really not much Trump can do to stop all of that because much of it is put forth by private groups. Trumpers are foolish to believe that Mt. Rushmore speech where he basically promises an end to that if he's reelected. 

So really, if I'm not even CONSIDER voting Turnip, why should I? What good really could come of it? 

I'd leave this country, but now due to COVID border restrictions I can't. 

There's gotta be someone else who feels similar

@pearlmar, I don't think he's going to beat Trump. I'm not saying I want Trump to get reelected, I don't, but the writing's on the wall. 

I feel like the left is making the same mistakes it made in 2016. 

I don't "lean" either way, nor am I central.  The right are all stuck up "holier- than- thou - you-can't-do that" type attitudes, and the left are "holier-than-thou-offended-by-everything" types, especially getting offended by stuff that has got nothing to with them. 

Yes.  Improving how the party system and congress works would help change things for the better.

Biden will continue the puppet show for the real deciders behind the scenes. With Biden, we will continue taking the US down into the toilet and turning it into a communist state. Trump is just annoying but at least he is fighting for America.

• Ann

I'm shocked that you feel you have no power if you lean left. You have the news media in your corner. From the reasons you gave, it sounds like you're more right leaning than left. Maybe you're just a normal Democrat and you don't like that the left has hijacked the party.

That's the problem with the Left in this country. It's basically one hive mind. Ever been to reddit? That website relays everything wrong with Politics today. But to be fair, the right isn't much different. You either have to be a yes man for Trump, or else. You're not allowed to be critical of him at all. Same thing happened with Obama. This is a major problem with American politics. It's why I have become Libertarian. 

Problem with the DNC is its rigged. If it wasn't, then Tulsi Gabbard or mayor Pete would have been the nominee. 

If you lean left you should not have any political opinion as you do not pay significant income taxes.

Why did you say there's an anti-white onslaught? It sounds like you live in a rural or very white area and are watching Fox News. The fact is that the BLM protests are attended by lots of whites and blacks, older people and young people. Sure, there are a few troublemakers here and there, but millions of people have marched peacefully in thousands of protests around the country. And as far as Covid goes, we need to trust the scientists. The European countries, which are much more science focused, have largely gotten coronavirus under control. Here, it's not in control, which means a lot of people are getting sick and a lot of people are unable to see their doctors for other matters that should be attended to. From a practical point of view, Biden is not a bad candidate, but he's certainly not as exciting as Obama was. At any rates, politics is in constant flux. It's a historic time in this country, and the era of Trumpism has provoked a backlash, and my guess is things will change for the better starting pretty soon. 

As a registered Democrat I have to say - - the choices are NOT good

I might just stay home om Nov 3rd

I'm a slightly-left leaning moderate independent.  The Democrats suck.  The Republicans are worse.  I'll probably end up voting third-party or independent...yet again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@tribeca:

"A third-party vote is a wasted vote."

Sorry, but that's blatantly false.  We live in a representative democracy where one is expected to vote for the candidate that best represents one's views and values...and NOT merely settle for the shiniest of two turds.

@sirjester099:

"No third party candidate has [a] chance at all of winning..."

Your logic is flawed; That's circular reasoning.  Your argument is essentially:

"We don't support third parties because they can't win-->Third parties can't win because they don't get enough support-->We don't support third parties because they can't win-->Third parties can't win because they don't get enough support-->...etc, etc, etc...ad nauseam."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@skeptic:

"'If the Green party gets 5% they will get a US senator' ???????

Where did you get that idea?"

Yes, this commenter is obviously confused.  I think they probably meant to refer to the fact that, according to the Federal Election Commission, if a third party gets over 5 percent of the popular vote, they’re eligible for public funding in the next election cycle.  That would be HUGE for our country.