Is there an easy way to thread a sewing machine needle?   ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a little known fact that I have never read anywhere, but found out entirely by mistake:

I am a professional seamstress and accidentally discovered that there is a channel on a sewing machine needle, that when followed with the end of a freshly cut thread, causes the thread to slip right through the eye of the needle. 

Cutting the thread with sharp scissors on an angle helps with the threading of the needle. Some seamstresses wet the thread with their saliva, but I do not. If need be  run the thread through thread wax, then cut before threading.

Making sure you have the right size thread and right size needle is important. For instance,  using upholstery thread with a size 9 needle is not a compatible match.

• 3 weeks ago

I am a professional seamstress and accidentally discovered that there is a channel on a sewing machine needle, that when followed with the end of a freshly cut thread

• 4 weeks ago

Needle threaders are very inexpensive and easy to find in sewing stores. Beeswax is also a good bet--just coat the end of the thread with it. 

• L
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Follow the instructions in your sewing machine's manual.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes. Buy a machine that does it automatically / by itself. I am not being funny because I sympathize with you. I have a very difficult time with my big fingers but cannot justify an expensive machine for a few small projects. I just try, and try again (and curse a lot).

• 4 weeks ago

I have this same trouble.  I found you can get easy thread needles which you can load in a second.  here's one on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Spiral-Threading-Sewing-Mac...

• A
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can get a threader at a fabric store, makes it much easier

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Any shop selling sewing threads, needles, pins etc. will also sell needle threaders.  If you buy a packet of assorted sized needles there is often a needle threader in the pack.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes. You can buy needle threaders online.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There is a little hook don't know what it is called . You put the bendy end in the needle and pull the thread through.

Can be found anywhere that sells craft stuff.

Look up needle threader.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.