Why do people wear a mask or not?

Favorite Answer

I dont wear masks because coronavirus is fake and invented by terrorist lib commies.

Not me. I’m pretty.

simply because the older you get the wiser you get besides I don't want to be SOAR.

I don't as it is not natural

Your question makes no sense.

to rob banks and stores

they should if god tells them to. i spoke to god in a dream and he warned me against not wearing one so i where one.

We have an alarming trend where by people "Choose," to "Believe," what ever they "Feel," best fits their own doctrine or prejudice.  The anti vaccination wing nuts are a perfect example.  The said the last century was the "Century of the self," this selfishness has accelerated even in the last decade or so. Best exemplified with the   insistence of reckless action in the name of personal freedom regardless of risk and damage to the society as a whole.  

Usually wear them because they are asked to. 

At the moment the guidance isn't very clear

except for public transport and in hospitals.

Here's a more adequate question (for British readers) - why are some people who wear masks still frowned upon also? It's not only people from Florida, Texas and other southern states of the US

Some people are more community minded than others.  Hand washing and social distancing are the preferred option so the advice is to wear a face covering in situations where social distancing is difficult such as public transport or when shopping.  The primary aim of the face covering is to prevent asymptomatic carriers from unwittingly spreading the virus.