Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

I use a laptop and a mouse. I lost control of my cursor, Is it because I was hacked?

• 7 days ago

Most likely you just need a new mouse.

Yeah...some silly hacker wants to nullify the use of your mouse. Even though your TRACKPAD probably still is fine...and you haven't BOTHERED to reset your machine or MOVE the mouse to another USB port...

LETS JUMP TO THE HACKER IDEA!!!

I am being facetious.

• Lv 7

no. did you try unplugging and plugging it in?

might be ... run your anti-malware program immediately

• keerok

Wireless mouse? Did you install a battery? If that does not solve it, try plugging to another USB port. If nothing yet, reboot.

Restart your pc. This might happens sometimes.

Probably not, but you've given us little to go on. Based on the information you've given us, it's possible one of the built-in pointing devices on your laptop is causing the problem. Pointing sticks / TrackPoints / AccuPoints are especially prone to drifting constantly in one direction. If your laptop has one, try disabling it or moving it around in a circle a few times. Many laptops have a button to disable the pointing stick and/or trackpad.