Is Suzuki motorcycle performance oil 10w40 synthetic oil or mineral oil? ?

• adam
    Favorite Answer

Semi synthetic and full synthetic will be clearly marked on the package. If it doesnt say then its mineral oil. In addition always use a motorcycle oil . Automotive oils dont have enough sheer resistance due to the fact that their oil doesnt lubricate the transmission. The majority of motorcycles have a unitised engine transmission so they need that sheer resistance.

• (A)

Do not use mineral oil the engine will be destroyed.

A motorcycle oil expert told me that there is no such thing as 'pure synthetic' oil. It all has a petroleum or plant seed base. Some have 100% synthetic additives.

semi- synthetic 10-40 for road use , only use synthetic for racing only.

• Jay P

Both are offered.  

For my V-Strom 650, the Suzuki oil change package ( oil filter and 3 L of oil ) comes with regular oil.  If you opt for the V-Strom 1000 package, it's the same filter but with 3 L of synthetic oil.  Both packages have Suzuki branded engine oil bottles.

You can use either, I however run full synthetic in all my bikes.  Castro has a really good oil at a decent price. Usually I cant get 4 qts of 10-40 and 10-50 (depending on the bike) of motorcycle oil from Autozone  or pepboys for like 35ish.