Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 months ago

Is it okay never to have sex with my gf...?

I'm 25 and she's 20. We are still virgin and we have been dating for more than 2 years... the thing is I'm completely satisfied with porn and masturbation and having actual sex is not safe at all as there's always a risk of STD or unwanted pregnancy...

sorry I can't do that, but if you can go ahead, whatever man. 

Tell her what you expect and see whether she is willing to get on the same page or not. And be prepared to receive and deal with whatever response she gives you.

Sex is an important part of romantic relationships yet you have allowed this situation to go on this long; where else do you think she is getting her sexual needs?

Either this girlfriend of yours is a blowup doll, or she lost her virginity & isn't telling you.

I think that it is OK not to have sex with your girlfriend.  I have never had sex with your GF and I don't intend to in the future either.  So I guess that makes you like most of the rest of us.  Of course there will always be some with different views.

I slept with a couple of girlfriends and housewives cause their man wouldn't give it to them. If she loves sex then expect her to find some other dude on the side. 

• boj

If your girlfriend is okay with no sex than continue doing what youre doing. Only 100% assurance against STD and pregnancy is no sex but condoms are 98% effective and birth control methods range from 80% to 99% effective.

She has to be okay with that too because a relationship involves two people not one. Also if your porn addiction is that bad you might not be ready for a relationship because you probably have this unrealistic expectation about how a sexual relationship is supposed to go anyways. You have the real thing you have a woman who is gonna want to have sex with you at some point in time and instead of using condoms and birth control and pursuing her you're staring at a screen and not seeing what you already have. I could see it being okay you guys not having sex if you're overly worried about her getting pregnant but it really just sounds like it's an excuse for you to be addicted to porn and not consider your gf's needs also.

"Okay" is about morals and ethics and personal choices.  I have no idea what's "okay" for you.

This is not easy or straight forward. Adults who have grown to love each other do tend to want to make love with each other, whereas porn, etc. are one dimensional and only really involve "self love". 

That's totally fine. No one is forcing you to have sex. If you want to, use a contraceptive such as condoms and birth control. You will be fine. I have no doubts you both are virgins and have no STDs. It is a wonderful event if you choose to do it.