Credit Card Payment SCARED ?

Due date 7/11

Closing Date 7/14

Currently Balance $0

If I had a Pending transaction of $418, and I made payment today of exactly $418 on the same $418 pending transaction, what will the payment be considered? An on time payment even if the transaction is pending or would it turn into a late payment by the time it processes?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

It's reasonable to fear debt, but if you always pay off your credit card ... but I don't think avoiding credit cards is the right answer in most cases.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your pending transaction will appear on your next statement.  Payment isn't due today or even in the next few days.  It will be due around August 11.

• 4 weeks ago

It would be on time.  To be considered on time, you just have to pay by the due date whatever the balance was on the last closing date.  For example, by the July due date, you have to pay whatever the balance was on the June closing date.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That's not how it works.  Any minimum payment would be due on your next bill, not this one.  It would be due on 8/11.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I believe the due date 7/11 may be the due date of your last statement, which probably ended 6/14.  The past statement balance was probably zero, so nothing is actually due on the 7/11 due date.  The next statement will close on 7/14.  Your current balance is still zero, because the $418 is pending, and it has not been posted to your account.  Assuming the $418 will post before the closing date of 7/14, your next statement balance due will probably be $418.  The due date for that statement will probably be 8/11.  So you are not compelled to pay the $418 for several weeks.  I believe you are safe to make no payment until after the 7/14 closing date.

• 4 weeks ago

Don't be scared. If the pending transaction isn't posted and the payment was received it will be a credit that will be applied to the balance and as soon as the pending transaction hits your account it will be a balance of 0 once again.

• 4 weeks ago

i would call them and talk to them about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.