Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Can I put regular gas into my diesel car? What will happen if I do ? ?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

In Europe the filler nozzle should be a different size so this issue is impossible to do from 2002. Diesel filler nozzles are also colour coded black. Putting petrol into a diesel engine is likely to cause a violent explosion of the fuel because of the higher compression ratio of diesel engines. Luckily the knock sensor on modern ecu controlled engines would detect this and shutdown with the engine warning light illuminated.  

• 1 month ago

Don't.                  

• 1 month ago

No. Putting gasoline in a diseal engine will ruin it. They are two different types of engines.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are free to try it and report back on your results.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No don’t do that! Here’s what you should do. Take the car to the nearest dealer and say please buy my car, any price will do. When they say “why”, you should say “ because I’m too f@cking stupid to own a car.

• 1 month ago

You'll really mess up the motor.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

NO!  The diesel engine will seize.

• 1 month ago

Bob Hoover (chase plane pilot for Yeager in the X-1 first supersonic flight) was doing a demo of the North American Shrike twin turboprop at the San Diego Brown Field air show 45 years ago.  After he performed amazing loops in a business plane, the crew fueled him up for a flight to Los Angeles.  Hoover and plane got just off the runway when both engines died.  He dead stick landed in a field a quarter mile away.   No damage or injuries.  Found out the crew put aviation gasoline into his jet fuel tanks.  Oops! Not good.  Same with gasoline and diesel cars.

• 1 month ago

You can.  But you will screw up the engine.  It will not start.

• 1 month ago

I did that only the other way around, only it was a complete accident. The car ran normally for a while and then came to a violent halt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.