Zach asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Spouse not taking Covid-19 seriously?

Hello all my significant other of 10 yrs is not taking COVID seriously at all she always says ugh it’s so stupid life goes on if I get sick and die whatever if others get sick and die whatever and I always tell her even if you think it’s stupid please just wash your hands and wear a mask do it for me please cause eventually she is probably gunna get sick with it by being ignorant we argued about hand washing like 30 minutes ago and she licked her hand to prove a retarded point after driving home from work in her unsanitized Car **** like that will get her sick and I cannot afford to get sick with it cause I have asthma and if I got sick with it I could possibly infect my father who has many pre existing conditions she is just a ***** a ****** self centered ***** that dosnt really care about or my dad or any one of she can say something everybody’s gotta die at some point. I’m angered by the ignorant behavior almost to the point of leaving her I’m sick of ignorant people. 

• Carmen
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately concerned one a lot of people not taking this pandemic seriously no mask not enough distancing not enough natural affection for others being displayed world wide. She feels as many do especially if they not affected yet and it hasn’t hit home so to speak. A wise person sees danger and protects themselves at all cost and it’s obvious you’re trying to be patient loving and peaceable. So if it means leaving her to save your life and your dad pray over it and be prepared to live with your decision. We might have to die one day but why rush it unnecessarily because of someone else lack of concern for you and yours? Stay safe. 

I like to solve every person,s problem,you are if then any spouse help her,I thinkyou,d like.

I'm on immuno-suppressive medicine, and my healthy-as-a-horse husband goes to great lengths to stay safe for my sake. My cousin's husband has asthma and she's doing the same for him.

Is it a pain in the butt for them? Yes, absolutely, but they have their priorities straight.

I will be honest and say that if he did not, we would not be living together. I often say I'd take a bullet for him, and that I love him to death, but not if my death results from him not being arsed to social distance and wash his hands.

Cant really blame your spouse. For part of June law abiding Americans saw rioters take to the streets all across the country while we were told we can't go to church. And those rioters were given a free pass. If you want people to take this seriously then remain consistent in your messaging. 

she sounds pretty disgusting. normal people did not wait for a plague to come before we washed our hands.

I guess you're stuck with her bad, life threatening attitude.  Having asthma, and this is a lung sickness, might finish you off.  I don't even have a suggestion.

She soundz terribly selfish and inconsiderate. Do your friends and family think she's good for you? Do you?

If she was MY significant other and behaved that way, she would quickly become my EX significant other. So. Did you have a question, Zach, or were you just venting without the need of punctuation?

She has some growing up to do.  I suggest marital counseling but in the meantime you probably should leave for the sake of your father's and your health. 

Is she hot