I have several mental illnesses and take several medications that make it hard to function, should i get a lawyer and claim disability?

I have Panic disorder, Generalized anxiety, depression, and existential OCD and some PTSD. These are all diagnoses I've received from doctors and Psychologists and psychiatrists. I work just a few hours a week, i take about 5 medications all because of my anxiety problems; they make me unbelievably tired and light headed very often and i have been on SO MANY medications trying to find the right ones but they all make it so hard for me to function like a normal  person, and if i dont have medications i literally freak out and feel like im having a heart attack and want to die. I just know that im struggling and i want to know if i should be applying for some kind of assistance. 

I have. You sound like your suffering enough to be qualified for disability.

Yes. 

I advise you to continue with your part time job.

But either go online or to your phone book and check for attorneys who help with getting Social Security Disability and who will not charge a fee unless you win.

People can also telephone the Social Security Office directly to start the process.  the process may take as long as 2 years to complete but you will receive back pay benefits if you qualify.  there is a lot of paperwork and you will have to go to appointments with other physicians to verify your condition before you are passed.

But start your claim now.  Because it takes so long, your best bet may be an attorney.  Call them.

A lawyer? You don't sue the government for benefits. You just apply for them. 

You could apply, but would most likely be denied. People with permanent physical disabilities are having to fight for years to get SSDI. And psychological problems are not considered permanent. Unless you have a psychiatrist willing to swear your mental illness prevents you from holding a job (which you already admitted it does not) getting disability would be next to impossible.

• LAN

Why are you asking us instead of your case worker moron?