Aymen asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I am schizophrenic, what should I do?

I am sick with schizophrenia What should I do, I take medicine and I cannot exercise or even talk comfortably, do you have any help?

• hart

watch your diet

eliminate all grains sweeteners

The phone's ringing. Go pick it up.

maybe take less of the medication

Yes.

First, you must LEARN about your illness because it is genetic and hereditary in nature.  It is caused by a biochemical imbalance within your brain that needs to be controlled by daily medication.  This medication must build up in your body to have the therapeutic effect and correct your brain.

Having schizophrenia is no different than having diabetes.  With both illnesses, a biochemical imbalance is at work and you must take your medication and avoid certain things.  For the diabetic,it is diet.  For the schizophrenic, you must avoid alcohol, stressful situations and street drugs like pot.

And like any medical condition, you need to find a very good doctor to work with who can medically monitor you.  Many people with schizophrenia can go on to live normal and complete lives.

I wish you all the best and I hope you have a supportive family and friends.

Follow the doctors instructions and take you medications.

I mean.  Have you even tried consulting with Patricia, Patrick, Paul, Sarah and the others to find out what you should do?

How do you even know you’re schizophrenic? Just because a psychiatrist said that? I was diagnosed as a chronic undifferentiated schizophrenic when I was in my teens and it turned out I never was. But the drugs they put me on for that destroyed me. In fact let me to try to kill myself when I was in college. Because suicidal ideation and suicidal impulses are known side effects of many of these drugs .

A lot of people who are on the autistic spectrum used to be labeled with “chronic undifferentiated schizophrenia” according to autism expert Temple Grandin. Like I was. And put on antipsychotic drugs which DESTROYED them such as Thorazine, They gave it to me at 14 years old along with Dexedrine because the Thorazine lobotomized me so much I could barely walk. So then they had to give me the Dexedrine just so I could function.

The psychiatrists have to give you a diagnosis to legitimately bill your insurance company and also to justify giving you the medications which will keep you coming back to them for years$$$ And then when you get the side effects from the drugs they will give you other drugs to counteract the side effects and so on and on..

Even if you were schizophrenic it’s already been proven that people who are schizophrenic and do not take medication recover better and lead normal lives while the people who are on medication usually never really get any better and Often end up on disability like I did. Plus you’ll be stigmatized for the rest of your life with a “mental illness” label. And even if you have serious medical issues later on in your life Like neurological damage from the drugs they give you,the doctors you go to will see your psychiatric history and think that you’re just making it all up because and that your very real medical concerns are All in your head because you’ve been under a psychiatrist treatment in the past. 

And they will suggest you go back to the psychiatrist. And it never ends. All of this happened to me. Don’t end up like me.

I suggest you take my advice after the lessons I’ve learned and run as far away from psychiatrists as you can. It’s OK to go to a therapist who will not give you any drugs and does not believe in them. But some of them will even try to refer you to a psychiatrist to give you drugs. Those are the ones to stay away from. Just find a therapist who will not try to push drugs on you and actually help you. What you need is compassion, not brain damage from neurotoxic drugs. Take care and protect yourself. 

https://upliftconnect.com/shamanic-view-of-mental-...

http://www.adisorder4everyone.com/dangers-psychiat...

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/p...

One way to think of schizophrenia is that instead of remembering someone's voice, your memory actually allows you to hear it. The problem with that is that all the crap that all of us think about and pay no attention to, schizophrenics end up paying too much attention to. It's distracting, confusing, embarrassing, and frustrating. 

So, if you don't have a therapist, get one, someone who can remind you that you're okay as you are and can help you figure out ways to reduce the voices. But, there are other things you can do -- spend a week avoiding difficult people as much as you can, listening to calm boring music, watching comedies and nature shows, eating reasonably healthy, going for quiet walks, bathing daily, and sleeping about 8 hours per night, and no drugs or alcohol (because those create lazy brain so we end up doing the wrong things). Do not ask anything else of yourself (making friends, getting a job, exercising, etc.). My guess is if you spend a week just chillin', the symptoms will be far less.

Then you can try to carefully introduce other things into your life in baby steps, reminding yourself that if you feel overwhelmed and the symptoms get bad, you just need to take a day off and focus on self soothing.

But seriously, a therapist can really help you with this. 

is your medication causing these problems? you should talk to your psychiatrist or doctor about these issues.

• LAN

Sure, stop making up lies for attention and only take advise from a professional instead of begging for pity here.