Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Why do women get shy around men who are in the top less than 1 percent of men in the world?

Guys that are professional athletes, guys who are famous actors, famous musicians, guys who are CEOs for major companies, etc. when these guys walk into a room, everyone is silent and these guys capture everyone’s attention and respect. Like when Lebron James walks into the room, everyone just stares at him and takes pictures, no one dares to go speak to him, especially women

Male fans can get tongue-tied too when in the presence of female celebs. It's just part of our culture's worship of fame (and not our finest moment). 

I've seen lots of people of both genders get star struck around so-called celebrities (male and female). Growing up, because of the nature of my dad's job, I met sports stars, actors, politicians and they're nothing special, just people. But society puts them on a pedestal so people feel like they're untouchable gods.

I wonder if that's really the case...

A theory says that 80% of women are competing for the top 20% of males... now, if they can get  their hands in a man who is the top 1% of male population then they would be so happy.