Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

How to fix credit score?

Im 22 and basically have no credit history. I just found out I had an unpaid medical bill for about $300 go to collections and it tanked my credit score. Am I screwed? Should I pay the collections or not? What can I do to fix this?

• Kyle

i mean you have to pay it.  get a credit card with one of your parents if you can.  especially if they have a better score.  you may get better rates that way and can slowly build up your credit history again with smaller purchases at a time.  then slowly putting bigger purchases on it as long as you pay it off on time. 

You should pay the collections

• A

Pay it off, you owe it, Yes it will still show as having gone to collections but any lender would see that you took responsibility for your debt and paid it.

Pay it off and notify the three credit bureaus the reason so they mat include it in your file.

• If you can join good company.

Reduce your debt by paying off your account balances.

Pay it off and wait.  In time, your score will go up again.

If it's recent, you should pay in full.

If it's at least 7 years old, just wait for it to be removed due to its age.

In either case, do not settle it for less than you owe.

If you owe the money and didn't pay, yes, you should pay.

Your score will go up.