Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What are positive thoughts I can replace my disappointing thoughts with?

Favorite Answer

Optimism sometimes gets a bad rep. There's stupid optimism, which says that things are great when they're obviously not, but there's also smart optimism, which is always looking for ways to make lemonade out of the lemons life gives us every day - big ones and little ones. Instead of cursing your bad luck when things don't go as planned, look for the advantages of the new situation. Use your imagination. This is how to be "lucky."

When you're in a bad mood, look at the thought that triggered it. See if it's false or otherwise useless. If it is, let it go and replace it with two positive thoughts.

Count your blessings, and remind yourself of your past successes.

Stop and smell the roses.

I've answered a lot of mental health questions, with advice from experts about a variety of problems.There's a lot of things that can help. For example, you might be interested in stress management advice. Research has come up with various things that are effective and easy if not downright fun. 

Replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts is hard because negative thoughts have more power over you. Instead try meditation and mindfulness to stop allowing thoughts to control you.

• LAN

Well seeing as the only other thoughts you have are empty ones I don't see a lot of options for you.

Obsess over next year's family reunion that probably won't happen.