Taxes.  When must I declare gains and losses on my stock trades?

I have a small account and win some lose some.

Because of Covid19 I am confined to the house and am doing my taxes myself with the free IRS form.

You declare all gains and losses, regardless of amount, in the year you sell the stocks.

When you file normally.

If you sold the stock then you will receive a Form 1099 which shows your gains and losses.

April 15th or sooner. You must file even if you lost money. Stocks you have not sold do not count as gains or losses until you sell.  I use OLT.COM premium. $15.90 a year. I have a ton of banks & credit unions that I do not want to have to manually enter every year. Or I would use their free one.

If you meant last years tax year its 7/15. because of covid. I did mine last night. I owe.

You only have gain and losses when you actually sell the stocks.

If the account value changed but you didn't sell the stock, that is not an IRS transaction at this time.

Stock transactions are included on schedule D.

the free IRS filing does not include Schedule D.

When you file your tax return the following year you must show your gains and losses on stock trades.