Why did you choose your username?

137 Answers

Relevance
  • DMWM
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

because the initials mean something and when I change they will also mean something

• 1 month ago

Why did or how?

• 1 month ago

cause i love iced coffee :)

• 1 month ago

just representing where i was born and raised 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I spent hours thinking of a unique username but I suck at it so I ended up choosing my real name.

• 1 month ago

NPG stands for New Power Generation, which was the backing band for the artist Prince in the 1990s. I thought the name/ abbreviation looked cool.

Starlett refers to Hollywood royalty and pinups of yesteryear. Think Marilyn Monroe.

• 1 month ago

I didn't. It chose me.

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

its my real name..........

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I give you 3 guesses. 

• 1 month ago

My apologies to those who know this story already.

I was working tech support at Packard Bell.  The call center was right next to a supermarket, and we had a roach infestation in the place.  At first, my supervisor didn't believe me when I told him I was seeing an occasional roach scamper across my desk, but when others also began complaining, he realized we did, in fact, have a problem.  Anyway, he would tease me about it, and nicknamed me "Roach Boy".  I left the company, but wanted to send my boss a gag gift for christmas because he had a great sense of humor and was a cool boss.  I was shopping at Toys R Us, and in the candy aisle I saw these fake roach hotels filled with gummy roaches.  I bought a couple and sent them to him.  He thought it was hilarious.  About this same time, America On-Line's instant messenger was really popular.  I needed a catchy screen name.  Gummy Roach seemed to fit.  It was funny and wrong on many levels.  Perfect!  I've been using that name ever since.  The full name is Sir Gummy S. Roach.  The S doesn't mean anything, I just threw it in there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.