Should I ask my parents to help me out?!?

So ill be going back to college soon and I just got a job about a month ago. I had been looking since spring break but a lot of places werent hiring because of covid. When I got one I was extremely happy because I finally was going to be making money when I need it for my hair, self care, groceries throughout the year and I had already planned to buy my apartment stuff. 

Im almost 19 and going in to my sophomore year and since I'm not staying in the dorm or dont have a meal plan, my dad is saving a lot of money. I have a lot of stuff to buy for my apartment like almost $400 worth and I need to save money for other things as well. I'm going to work throughout the year but I'm going to need money to help pay for stuff. I want to be independent and I think I am but my parents provide a lot for me so I will feel kinda bad for asking them for some money to help pay for my school stuff. What should I do? I can't pick up another job because I am going back soon.

u may always ask your parents, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking and 400 bucks is not so much money to ask for. when my son was moving to university i bought him a lot of stuff without him asking - it was clear he needed things and he didn't  have money to pay for them

You chose to live on your own - have your own apartment before you were working full time.  I don't think you should ask.  It would not be fair to them.  Have you considered a roommate?  Ask your landlord if he would agree to it.  If there is only one bedroom, it wouldn't be too costly to put another twin size bed in there and that expense would be that of the roommate.

"Hair" is not "school stuff".

No you should not ask your parents for help with that.

Where are you living now?   Home?  If yes, stay there.  If you want an apartment, YOU pay for it.  

• Rick B

No idea what you are asking.  What "school stuff"?  What is your agreement with your parents?  Are they paying for your education and you are paying for your personal items?  Who paid for "school stuff" last year?  Who is paying rent on "your apartment"?

You say your dad is saving money because you are not in a dorm and don't have a meal plan.  You do realize that rent and out side food is MUCH MUCH more expensive than a dorm and a meal plan, right???

If you have a job, you should be able to pay for all your apartment stuff with one or two checks.

We have no idea what the arrangement is with your parents.