Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Did he lead me on ? Please help ?

Hello. I was interested in a guy that seemed like he was interested back. He had gotten out of a long term relationship and wanted to take things slow, so we did. We work together part time but majority of the time he’s at his First Response job. He hasn’t been at work since the COVID 19 pandemic started because he’s been working overtime being a first responder. Our mutual friend messaged him that I’m leaving the job that we are working at next tome and his response was “maybe I’ll come in on my off day and say hi but hopefully she doesn’t get anything twisted 🤣🤣” when she showed me that messaged, my heart broke. He seemed genuinely interested and got him to respond that way really took me by surprise. If he does come by the store while I’m still there I really do not want to speak to him. Why the sudden change ? I’m at a lost for words. Am I overreacting ?

Sorry for the typos. I was texting really fast and didn’t notice. 

Favorite Answer

He could have meant it as a joke. I wouldn't cut him off completely because he did show a little interest or else he wouldn't say that he would come on his day off. I think you should talk to him, guys say weird things sometimes, don't overthink this one thing because it could honestly mean nothing.

No, he didn't lead you on. You developed strong feelings for a guy who made it clear to you that he wasn't interested in a serious relationship.  The fact that he hasn't contacted you in a couple of months would be strong clue that whatever you felt wasn't reciprocated and he's not longer interested.