Kassidy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is it alright for my dad to be upset with me for cheating on a diet?

Okay so I am currently doing Jenny Craig and my dad is paying for it and I sometimes sneak one sweet and he gets mad at me for cheating even though I understand he’s paying for it but he can’t expect me to be perfect at the diet! I’m 21 btw. I lost 30 pounds so far and to celebrate I just had one cookie and literally he freaked out on me for eating it and was like “I’m paying a lot of money for you to lose weight.” I love my dad and everything but I don’t usually cheat other than eat one sweet once a week! 

Why are you happy cheating? Just do what you are supposed to, and you'll feel better. It's not good for fathers to get upset, it's unhealthy. Don't make him so.

Your father doesn't have to know, i guess. And why waste all that money on Jenny Craig when you can use the ketogenic lifestyle and prepare your own food?  It's healthier than what you're doing now.  take care.  I'm glad you lost weight.  Great job

Pay for it yourself. Congrats on losing that much weight! Your dad feels Jenny Craig is ridiculously expensive, which it is. He over reacted, but it's his money.  Keep up the good work.

I think 1 cookie is definitely okay. And I think your dad should understand that its okay to treat yourself, especially when you have lost 30 pounds. 

• Murzy

If you were paying, you would not cheat.