Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Are there many mistakes in this text?

I'm learning English and I usualy make some mistakes I would not want to make.

The days are going by quickly and it gets always more warm.

Since Coronavirus appeard we had a lot a fear to become sick. None of us could get out and we were obliged by the authorities to stay home. It looked like in films where a siness spreaded around the world and started to klle everyone. I had initially a lot of fear because I thought the situation would get worse. Just little movemes were allowed, like going out to get some some water and food, but not any further. Anyway moths went by already and none of the people I know died. Just yesterday I went to the sea in oder to have a party with the family during the wohle afternoon. I had a good time for I ate fish and pasta. In the evening we got back home in town. I was tired and I thought about keeping studying for the university since I have still something to do, which is enough to keep me busy during the resting summer moths.

There are some words which have been wrongly tipped into the text. Some of them are: klle ---) kill movemes----) movement

@Guber Could you please list them?

What kind of mistakes?

• Guber
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, quite a few.  Keep at it, though. English is a tricky language.

It's not bad, but here are some better ways of saying this....

"The days are going by quickly and it gets always more warm."

The days go by quickly, and it is getting warmer every day.

"Since Coronavirus appeard we had a lot a fear to become sick"

Since Coronavirus appeared we were scared of becoming sick

"None of us could get out and we were obliged by the authorities to stay home"

None of us could go out and we were obliged by authorities to stay at home.

"It looked like in films where a siness spreaded around the world and started to klle everyone"

It looked just like in the films, where a virus spreads around the world and started killing everyone

"I had initially a lot of fear because I thought the situation would get worse."

I initially had a lot of fear because I thought the situation would get worse.

"Just little movemes were allowed, like going out to get some some water and food, but not any further"

Just small trips were allowed, like going out to get some water and food, but no more.

"Anyway moths went by already and none of the people I know died"

Anyway, months have gone by already and no one I know has died.

"Just yesterday I went to the sea in oder to have a party with the family during the wohle afternoon"

Just yesterday I went to the sea, in order to have a party with the family the whole afternoon [or....a party with the family, which lasted the whole afternoon]

"I had a good time for I ate fish and pasta"

I had a good time and ate fish and pasta

"In the evening we got back home in town"

In the evening we went back to the town and home.

"I was tired and I thought about keeping studying for the university since I have still something to do, which is enough to keep me busy during the resting summer moths."

I was tired and thought about keeping up my studying for university, since I still have much to do, enough to keep me busy during the rest of the summer months.

Hope that helps. But you are getting a lot right :)