Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

When did you stop watching WWE and what killed it for you?

For me it was the 3 hour Raws and very boring smackdown with the same matches every friday, or were on raw. I got tired of the Usos.

Too much talking on RAW and the matches on WWE were so flawlessly rehearsed that there was no reason to watch a ppv.

Too many brands on too. 

I liked some things they did like the corporation.

I stopped watching WWE in 2014. 

I still watch but I'm finding it harder and harder to keep into it as much now that all the older stars are retiring. I feel they have lost their touch in building new stars.. Randy Orton is just about the last big name relevant to me, once he retires I'll probably stop if they can't build new stars. I feel like they rely on the part timers too much like Goldberg burying The Fiend was horrible.. they finally had something new and screwed with it 

Its Rated G now and way too PC and scripted.

• adam

I stopped the day AEW went on the air! I watch AEW and NJPW 

I stopped watching regularly in 2017 when Jinder won the title. I thought it was stupid how someone went from jobbing to Mojo Rowley to winning the WWE championship with zero build. After that I slowly stopped watching it. Hell, I don’t even watch that much wrestling anymore. You can say it killed my love for it.  

AEW showing how out of touch WWE is.

NXT is okay, a lot better than the donkey shows of Raw and Smackdown.

Stopped watching for 7 years then I came back

• Adam

I stopped watching every week around 2005-6. I still watch PPV's now and the odd story. For me the IWC killed my interest. It seemed as if at one point, people stopped watching it for fun and sheer enjoyment and began to watch it to simply criticise.

Bayley being Smackdown champion she try's hard to be a heel but it just don't work