Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How to deal with customer abuse due to covid policies?

I’m an essential worker and face masks are required in my state. I work 10 hr shifts straight and I constantly work without breaks (in my state this is acceptable). I am an assistant manager for a storage facility. I constantly have people go on abusive, verbal rants about it when all I’m trying to do is my job. Most times people won’t let me speak. 

I have severe ptsd from long time abuse and I’m constantly crying from it and having flashbacks.

What can I do? No one will listen to me or solutions. If you don’t agree with wearing a mask, we can do everything virtually. It’s everyday all day and it never stops.

My DM and HR just say that our customers are not like that and a majority won’t treat me like that. 

But it’s everyday and a majority of people.

What do I do? 

• LAN

Nothing.  You are a weak snowflake.   A typical zoomer who was raised to believe that you are special.  Now that you are in the real world and dealing with real people you are the one that has to learn that the world doesn't revolve around you.   Grow up.

There’s a quote to live by... “you can’t fix stupid”. You literally cannot do anything about them not wearing it. Let them find out on their own about the consequence of not wearing a mask. Don’t let them stress you out. It’s not worth it. 

• Fantom

Do your job. When confronted by abusive people, just remember, they they are risking their health and smile knowing Mother Nature will weed out the stupid..