Advice for an Environmental Science Major?

I've always loved science, took an environmental science college class when I was in high school, and enjoyed it. However, I'm not the brightest or smartest person. I do the study when I can, I understand that you need to be able to remember a lot of terms for science however I have a horrible memory and am worried if I will ultimately end up getting C's and D's in all of my science classes. I got a C in both my chemistry and biology class so far. This is definitely something I want to pursue in my life, but I really for the love of me cannot seem to remember a lot. Im suppose to graduate next year and Im starting to wonder if this is too hard for me. For those who were involved in a science major, how did you remember everything and pass your classes with a good grade? Also any advice for a freshman in college pursuing this major would help a lot. 

Worried if I confused some people, I am currently a freshman in college, I recieved C's for chemistry and biology in COLLEGE not highschool.

you say you are not the brightest and smartest

well that is just who the environmental movement needs 

weak minded people 

but with enough training your could learn to be a member of a environmental building maintenance specialize in  floor contamination  containment and removal 

i would just try it, you never know