How do rape rates compare in areas where male genital mutilation is common compared to areas where its rare...?

There's no relationship.

One assumes you're talking about male circumcision, which is for the most part only practiced by relatively stable societies (because those in chaos don't have time for ritual). So this is kind of unknowable because we don't really have any accurate stats on rape in war torn and otherwise unstable places. 

Like I said before, I don't think it's a direct cause for rape but it makes sense to say that if someone finds one form of sexual abuse acceptable then they may find other forms of it to be okay as well. I don't think there's any actual studies out there pertaining to that though. That's pretty specific. If you find any studies like that I'd be interested to know though.  

There are so many other factors that I doubt you could draw a reliable conclusion even if you, in fact, had the data.  Only if you had two fairly comparable areas, one where circumcision was common, and one where it was rare, could you get any kind of meaningful data.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that infant circumcision is a bad idea for many reasons (there are reasons I might hesitate to actually outlaw it, but I would definitely like it to be strongly, strongly, strongly discouraged), but I doubt it has a *whole* lot to do with rates of rape, at least not directly.