What was my teacher talking about?

I once had this teacher that I cared about and liked so much and I remember one time she handed me a paper and she told me it was about entering into a dream or visualizing in being some place you adore with a person you care about and she told me that it would help me with my depression and stress, I need to know what she was talking about please

Your teacher was acting as a very good advisor.  She noticed that you were showing signs of depression and so she wanted to try and help you get on the path to good emotional and mental health.  Visualizing happiness is helpful to start on the path to mental health, even physical health.  We have a good Psychology Department here on Yahoo Answers, so if you want to speak with someone over there I'm sure they would be able to help you.  There are all kinds of good and caring counselors waiting to help people who need to talk through things that have happened on Life's path.  Maybe it would be helpful for you to do that, and that was what your kind teacher was talking about.

I think she was trying to help you boost your mood with visualization - I read the brain and heart does not know the difference between real experiences and imagined ones - so you can imagine an experience and be just as happy as somebody else who experiences it in the reality