Adley asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Am i weird?? Is it normal to find yourself mimicking others ?

How do normal people go through their daily life ? Do normal people mimick someone's behavior? When you talk to someone, do you think that you're copying someone with the way you speak? When you move, do you feel like you're imitating someone because you think it would look normal? For example, I've been seeing how my classmates talk to my teacher. It doesn't look awkward to look at. In order to not be awkward to my teacher, i copy the way my classmates talk towards him. Another thing, when my grandfather died when i was in grade school, I didn't feel a thing. But something flashed in my head that people cry when someone dies. So i cried. That's why i still remember it now because i think i faked my emotions. Am i weird?? Can anyone explain it?

Be yourself, that's the solution, don't copy others by copying others you r degrading yourselves, everybody is different!!!

It is only weird if you do not trust yourself.

You should be yourself.

You’re not weird. People often mimic others behaviour when talking. If you are struggling to relate to other people’s emotions in regards to empathising and relating to what they are talking about and if you find you’re overthinking your response to a conversation and that it’s not coming naturally to you I would suggest maybe you have a form of autism. Don’t be afraid to explore that possibility as there are many types and levels that fall under the spectrum of Autism. I could be wrong but the way you’re describing your social interactions that could be the reason.