Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Should I do anything?

I found my bully on social media. She tormented me in school. She posts videos like "too all the people that called me ugly" (literally nobody shes beautiful) the thing is she called me ugly every day at school. She is the reason I have had to go to theropy since then. Shes the reason I'll have to suffer from panic attacks the rest of my life. I'm so tempted to say something to her. But I'm not going to until i think it through and get everyones opinions. I dont want to end up being just as bad as her.

What I mean is I want to let her know what shes done to me.

Thankyou everyone, I won't talk to her, I'll try and let it go. You are right its unhealthy to obsess over it. 

You’ll become stronger than her and learn more about yourself. You will gain control over your problems and use them to help others and better yourself. She will remain and insecure, cowardly bully and even if she changes she can’t change what she’s done and has to live with that. You don’t need the guilt that comes with retaliation. Focus on you. Xx

Maybe one of her parents called her ugly at home when she was growing up.  At any rate, try to forgive her.  You'll feel better.  The Bible says to pray for our enemies.  It's hard to stay mad at someone if you pray for them.  By the way, if you've never asked Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, I urge you to do so.  He is a faithful  friend.   Please read the New Testament.  Start with the Gospel of John.  There are lots of answers to life's problems in the Bible.   Regarding anxiety, look up Philippians 4:6-8.  

I don't know your mental health history.  I don't know why one person's comments will cause you to have panic attacks for the rest of your life.  Seems very dramatic to me.

I'd speak to my therapist about this.

Why do you follow this person?  That's your therapist's advice?

• martin

Yahoo Answer writers are less informed than your own therapist.  If necessary, see if you can also see a psychiatrist.  Just an opinion: but why don't you scratch this person out of your life, stop reading anything she writes, stop taking calls, and stop talking about her.  Pretend, just pretend, that she is dead.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  

Don't give her the satisfaction of knowing she got to you.  Also, time to stop stalking her social media.  Its not helpful for you to rehash things and definitely not mentally healthy to be following her at all.  Let it go.  She may never change.  You however, have the power to get past this.  Karma is going to be the thing that takes her down (if it hasn't already).  Being pretty on the outside doesn't mean she's the same on the inside, if she's a bully then her soul is forever going to be marked by that.  Her insides are ugly...maybe what she's referring to is that people are calling her out on being unpleasant personality wise.  In any case, time to release all those bad feelings.  Since you are in therapy, please discuss this with your therapist. It will be helpful for you to vent in that environment.