Did coronavirus ruin anyone's future career plans?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Sathi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. I have a stable job in healthcare. I don't plan to change careers any time soon, if ever.

• D1218
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not me but did for many others.

• 1 month ago

Yes, but then again, a lot of people whom didn't know me well enough or take the time to find out more about already did as well.

• 1 month ago

Yes,after 37 years my dad finally found me,we have until next August now to get/prove my usa citizenship,find somewhere for me to live and apply to join the usaf,passport office is still closed and next August I will be too old,so I blame my dad and covid.guess I'll go back to a crappy minimum wage job or unemployment 

Source(s): Life
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yeah, I was planning on becoming a ketamine merchant, but now, everybody just wants to stay inside because a harmless cold is going around. **** the system, man.

• 1 month ago

Over 30 million Americans have filed for unemployment since the start of Covid-19 and even if we go back to full pre pandemic economy, many of these jobs will be lost forever.

So to answer your question - Absolutely! The increased unemployment rate and many small businesses permanently closing their doors will definitely change the career paths of many folks in US and across the world.

Despite CARES act and other relief programs (https://dealaid.org/do-good/coronavirus-finimpact-... instituted by the US government, it's still not enough to alter the permanent damage caused by the pandemic.

• 1 month ago

This Coronavirus has ruined many things, but the worst is those who lost their lives.  Please stand strong and we will get through this.  We are Americans.  I just heard a soldier say while in Iraq he didn't get a bath for 30 days or a hot meal.  Can you imagine living in the hot sand with no bath?

Then a lot of them come home without arms or legs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

COVID-19 has waylaid careers, marriage plans, vacations, pregnancy plans, education, and many many more plans.  Some people try to stay positive and say all of this ruin is only temporary and the world will bounce back quickly.  I imagine the people who say that aren’t mourning the deaths of their dreams, retirement, or worse, the death of loved ones.

Understandably, most people want to remain positive, but optimism without substantive action can be much more harmful than cautious pessimism.

• 1 month ago

It would have to be an incredible convergence of bad luck to have a temporary situation ruin someone's career plans.  The only possible place I can think of this being relevant is an amateur athlete who missed a real opportunity to sign a big contract and then somehow got injured before getting to prove himself.  

• 1 month ago

No this is just temporary.It could last up to a decade until things goes beck to completely normal.not just the virus but economic wise as well for full recovery 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.