KFC

What are your "IDon'tWorkHere"  stories?

• I was in a record store one time and was stupidly wearing a Smiths T-shirt so I pretty much set myself up for it but a guy came up and asked about a PJ Harvey album, I told him I was a fan of hers but didn't actually work there.  He then went to find a member of staff who scratched their head and had no idea what he was talking about and he ended up coming back to me and I recommend a few albums and left chuckling smugly at the staff.

I was at Trader Joe's. Now if you know nothing about Trader Joe's, let me fill you in on that their uniform policy is khaki shorts with a Hawaiian shirt, so generally speaking you would never mistake anyone for one of their employees.  Despite the fact that I was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt, this woman approached me and asked if the store would be getting in gluten free stuffing for the holiday season.

I told her that I had no idea and she should ask an employee.  She insisted she saw me working there before and that even if it was my day off that it wouldn't kill me to just answer a question.  So I told her that the store was discontinuing all gluten free foods because we didn't want those people's business.

Nothing else came of it, but it just seemed so weird to me.