Need help with punctuation?

I'm transcribing a math audio and I don't know what to do in this situation.

This is the verbatim: So the answer to part C, how much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces, $17.40.

Are any of these correct?

So the answer to part C, how much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces, $17.40.

So the answer to part C, "How much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces?" $17.40.

So the answer to part C, how much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces? $17.40.Thank you.

Favorite Answer

This is the best punctuation for transcribing this oral sentence:

> So the answer to part C -- "How much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces?" -- $17.40.

-------------------------

You could also use parentheses to set aside the speaker's parenthetical sentence, like this

:> So the answer to part  C ("How much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces?")  -- $17.40.

--------------------------

I don't know how strict your rules of transcribing are, but adding the word "is" before the price might clarify the sentence a lot.

> So the answer to part C -- "How much will it cost to ship a package that weighs 32 ounces?" -- is $17.40.