Ben

Is Game of Thrones a pretty obscene TV series?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

You should check it out, you're never going to see a breast any other way 

No. Fox News is an obscene entertainment network. Game of Thrones is not. That the writers just threw all the careful arcs they'd been trying to construct away in the last couple seasons is pretty up there against the obscene boundary but no, GOT is not obscene. It's not to everyone's taste but neither is SpongeBob SquarePants. 

I mean, if you're defining "obscene" as containing sexual content, then yes.  GoT, especially in the earlier seasons, has a fair amount of sex, and in particular a lot of the sex is rather pornographic in aesthetic.  One HBO exec even said that he was "in charge of the pervert demographic" and had to make sure there was enough sex and nudity in it

Obscene is a very loaded word.  It's also a very subjective word.

There's ALOT of nudity and sex in Game of Thrones.  And some of the sexual references and depictions are … well, let's just say it's not straight-up missionary sex between married couples.  And realize that's an understatement.

I think it’s a little more risqué then most shows I watch, shows a lot of naked girls, some of which are having sex with their brothers, plus they kill a dog early on which is pretty dark. But I don’t know that I’d call it obscene that seems like too strong a word for it. 

Well, it's explicit, that is - it sends a message with explicit connotation (the actors/actresses appear naked, have sex scenes, etc) but since it's not part of the "message", of the plot, i do not see it as obscene. Obscene would be if it was all about the sex. If it was all about showing their bodies in a sexual way and nothing more.