Ellen DeGeneres is being criticized for not saying hello or not making small talk with some people, etc., but what's so wrong with that? ?

Ellen is an extremely busy person with millions of things and people to attend to, and the pressure and responsibiltiy she has to handle is immence, so she may not be able to act perfectly friendly to every single person on the world all the time.

Besides, some people who are smiley and friendly on the surface may only be acting that way for their own sake, that is, in order to be liked by people and be popular to benefit themselves, but deep down how much could that hello or smile really mean? You could be really calculated and evil on the inside and just put on a friendly act on the outside. It seems meaningless to judge people by their superficial attitude.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You are actually wasting your time defending a celebrity who couldn't care less.

Case and point , she ignores people she doesn't care to speak to.

In no way am I saying she is a bad person. I find her delightful.

Save yourself. Your time is more important than this.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A couple of things.  Ellen as talented and responsible as she may be, has a million different staff members to take care of much of those millions of things.  She may have to make some important decisions but let's not make it seem like she is overburdened, because of  those millions of dollars she is paid.  But I hear you with the ungrateful staff who accept the paycheck each week while complaining about their working conditions.  She is their employer and not their pal.  They are all free to find other positions with other companies who have friendly bosses who will buy them donuts and give shoulder massages (maybe get on the Biden campaign staff for a massage)  Ellen and her show are the business.  She's the boss and does not have to be the friendly fun loving character that is the person you see on TV. 

• Guber
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You may be right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.