What does it mean when a Christian person says, “Jesus fish”?

Favorite Answer

I don't know.  They may be referring to an early symbol of Christianity, a fish, that was used to denote meeting or gathering places during persecution.

I have no idea lol. 

I was raised Christian...and surrounded by Christians....and I have NEVER heard a Christian say "Jesus fish" lol...I have however seen a fish symbol on the bumper of their cars...The Ichthys.

They are probably talking about the Ichthys.

The ichthys or ichthus (/ˈɪkθəs/), from the Greek ikhthýs (ἰχθύÏ‚ 1st cent. AD Koine Greek [ikʰˈtÊ°ys], "fish") is a symbol consisting of two intersecting arcs, the ends of the right side extending beyond the meeting point so as to resemble the profile of a fish. The symbol was adopted by early Christians as a secret symbol. It is now known colloquially as the "sign of the fish" or the "Jesus fish".

Source(s): Wikipedia.com

They are referring to the ichthus symbol (that fish-like outline on the back of some cars) which is a Xian acronym in Greek for "Jesus Christ, Son of God."

Jesus said to Simon and his brother Andrew, ""Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Subsequently, drawing a fish in the dirt became a secret sign of faith in Jesus.

It is written Jesus ghoti.

it can mean:

they want Jesus to give them a fish

they want to see Jesus fish

they're surprised that they catched a fish