Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do new parents think their baby is the center of the universe for everyone else too?

Your baby is the center of YOUR universe. I get it. If I had a kid it would be the same for me too. What I don't understand is why parents act like their baby is the most important thing to other people too. No one cares about your baby as much as you do. Not even close most people don't even care your baby exists. Do parents not realize this?

cause its the center of their universe

They're full of joy and they want to share that joy with others. Has nothing exciting ever happened to you and made you want to share that excitement and happiness with others around you? If you don't want to share in their happiness, then just stay away from new parents and if/when you have a kid, be aware that nobody else cares. 

They understand it, but apparently you are little slow.  By speaking to a parent with a baby, you should know what to expect, but still you somehow expect them to be different?  You either accept your friends with babies for the imperfect people they are or you don't.  It isn't rocket science.