Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

18 years old?

So, my sister just turned 18 years old. She lives with my grandparents who control her. She has a curfew of 930 pm, she has to stay at the table all day and do schoolwork, if my grandparents have to go anywhere she isnt allow to stay home without them. I am coming to visit her in the next week and were going tubing. My grandmother said no. Can she actually stop my sister from coming tubing? I’m paying for everything, the trip up there, the rental car, etc. My grandma isn’t paying out for anything. I just wanted to know if my grandmother can actually tell her from no since she is 18 years old. I don’t think she can especially since she is 18 and isnt a parent. What are y’all opinion on this. 

maybe your sister should move out

• mikey

Your sister is an adult and may do as she pleases. Troll post

• Teal

That is up to your sister. She needs to decide for herself if disobeying your  grandmother is worth the consequences. There is a reason she obeys them, it has nothing to do with the law. If your sister doesn't want to go, you need to respect her choice. Unless you are offering her financial support and a way out of that house, then it's not your place to tell her how to handle them. Her safety and wellbeing comes first.

Does she want to live with her grandparents. Since they’re not her legal guardians and she’s 18, they can kick her out.